Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is Tigharry Cottage?
- How many people will the cottage sleep?
- What sort of heating does the cottage have?
- Does the cottage have a bath or a shower?
- Do you allow dogs?
- Do you provide towels and bed linen?
- Is there a hairdryer provided in the cottage?
- How far is it to local pubs, shops, etc.?
- Can I have an initial supply of food and groceries delivered to the cottage ready for my arrival?
- Is there anywhere nearby to go for a drink or a meal?
- Is there car parking available?
- Is there Wi-Fi in the cottage?
- How far is it to the shore/water's edge?
- Is there a fridge/freezer in the cottage?
- Is there a washing machine/tumble dryer?
- Is there a dishwasher?
- How do I make a booking?
- How do I pay for my holiday?
- Can I pay by debit or credit card?
- What is included in your prices?
Where is Tigharry Cottage?
- Tigharry Cottage is situated on the Main Street in the centre of Lochcarron village. Lochcarron stands on the north shore of the sea loch from which it takes its name (i.e. Loch Carron).
- It is on the west coast of the Scottish mainland, approximately 63 miles due west of Inverness.
- More information ......
How many people will the cottage sleep?
- Tigharry Cottage has 4 bedrooms: 2 double rooms + 1 twin room + 1 small single room.
- It will therefore accommodate up to 7 people.
What sort of heating does the cottage have?
- Tigharry Cottage has full oil-fired central heating.
- There is also an open fire in the main sitting room.
Does the cottage have a bath or a shower?
- Tigharry Cottage has both!
- There is a bath with a separate shower cubicle in the family bathroom upstairs, together with WC.
- In addition, there is an electric shower in the shower room just off the utility room on the ground floor.
- The downstairs' shower room also has a WC.
Do you allow dogs?
- Yes, well behaved dogs are welcome by prior arrangement.
- Maximum 2 dogs.
- We do not make any additional charge for dogs.
- Dogs are allowed on the strict understanding that they must be kept under reasonable and appropriate control at all times and not allowed to cause any dirt or damage.
Do you provide towels and bed linen?
- Yes, towels and bed linen are all provided. You do not need to bring these with you.
- If your stay will be for longer than 1 week, we can provide a change of bed linen and towels at the end of your 1st week.
- If you require a change of bed linen, etc., please advise us at the time of booking.
Is there a hairdryer provided in the cottage?
- Yes, a hairdryer is provided.
- You do not need to bring your own hairdryer with you.
How far is it to local pubs, shops, etc.?
- They are all within easy walking distance - on the flat.
- The cottage stands close to the centre of the village so pretty well everything is near to hand.
Can I have an initial supply of food and groceries delivered?
- Yes, the Lochcarron Food Centre (our local Spar Shop) will take advance orders and will deliver to the cottage on your day of arrival.
- The shop will open an account for you which should be settled by going in to the shop during your stay.
- In order to place your order, you should simply download a copy of an order form, print it out, write in your order and either post it or fax it back to the shop.
- Please see the Spar Shop website for more details.
Is there anywhere nearby to go for a drink or a meal?
- Yes, both the Lochcarron Bistro (next door to the Spar Shop) and the Lochcarron Hotel (on the Main Street of the village next door to Lochcarron Garage) - and the latter sells real ale on hand pump as well as having a comprehensive selection of single malt whiskys.
- There is also the Rockvilla Guest House and Restaurant as well as the Waterside Café which serves sit-down meals as well as take-aways.
- In addition, there are several other places to go for a meal or a drink in the surrounding area.
- More information .....
Is there car parking available?
- Yes, there are several parking spaces just across the road from the cottage.
- All parking in Lochcarron is completely free of charge - and there are no yellow lines!
Is there Wi-Fi in the cottage?
- Yes, Tigharry has its own dedicated Wi-Fi Internet connection.
- This is provided on the strict understanding that the connection must be used responsibly at all times and must not under any circumstances be used for uploading or downloading inappropriate material of any kind whatsoever.
How far is it to the shore/water's edge?
- Literally just a stone's throw from the front door of the cottage - but please don't throw stones!
- The shore of Loch Carron is just across the road from Tigharry Cottage and there are flights of steps at strategic intervals giving access to the foreshore.
- Loch Carron is a tidal sea loch so the water level depends upon the state of the tide.
Is there a fridge/freezer in the cottage?
- Yes, There is a fridge in the kitchen.
- There is also a fridge/freezer in the utility room immediately adjacent to the kitchen.
Is there a washing machine/tumble dryer?
- Yes, there is a washing machine in the utility room immediately adjacent to the kitchen.
- There is also a separate tumble dryer in the utility room.
Is there a dishwasher?
- Yes, there is a dishwasher in the kitchen.
How do I make a booking?
- Simply contact us in the first instance to check availability.
- If your dates are available, we will reserve them for you and send you a Booking Form (normally by post) for completion and return with your payment of either 20% deposit or full amount (if your holiday is less than 6 weeks hence).
- More information .....
How do I pay for my holiday?
- Our preferred method of payment is by cheque - or possibly by crossed postal order (available from a Post Office).
- Alternatively, if this is not possible, we can also accept payments via online banking (International Bank Transfer if from outside the UK)
Can I pay by debit or credit card?
- No, we're sorry but, as just a small business, we do not have facilities to be able to take card payments.
- This is because of the high charges for operating a merchant account.
- If we were to accept card payments, we would be forced to increase our prices to offset these charges.
- We believe you would probably prefer our prices to remain as they are!
What is included in your prices?
- The prices we charge for the rental of the cottage include the cost of heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and an initial supply of fuel for the open fire.
- The Wi-Fi Internet connection is also included in the prices.
- More information .....
The foregoing are the main things we have been asked about. We hope we have managed to think of everything you might want to know but, if we have missed out something important, please let us know!